Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vermont!!! Freedom and Unity!



From the Burlington Free Press:
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090407/NEWS03/90407016&s=d&page=2#pluckcomments

Gov. Jim Douglas, who vetoed legislation, said, "I prepared myself for this outcome and predicted it. The outcome was not unexpected."

He had called the issue of gay marriage a distraction during a time when economic and budget issues were more important.

"What really disappoints me is that we have spent some time on an issue during which another thousand Vermonters have lost their jobs," the governor said Tuesday. "We need to turn out attention to balancing a budget without raising taxes, growing the economy, putting more people to work."


I'm sorry, but please explain to me how extending LGBT folk the same rights and privileges that straight, married couples have is going to distract greatly from the economic crisis. If anything, we should all be working hard to protect civil rights during times of economic strife. But I guess that's not your thang if you are a re-pug. Suck one, governor Douglas.

No comments:

Post a Comment