Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rush Limbaugh is Butthurt.

I first read this article on CNN where it quotes Limbaugh as saying "I hope Obama fails."

I hate to link to it, but whatever...
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011609/content/01125113.guest.html

My first out-loud reaction was: "why on EARTH does anybody quote this coked-up dope-fiend?"
But of COURSE they ran it. Does this mean that Limbaugh is relevant again? My simple answer is "no," because I would love to believe that he and his ultra-conservative ilk have been marginalized by the majority of this country. At first I raved about how he could possibly want our new president to fail during a time of such uncertainty! Then I asked myself whether this is really worth blogging about, and whether I would be just as guilty as the MSM for repeating this silly fucker's words. I concluded that I should; not because his words are going to shake the world (have they ever?), but because it exemplifies the counter-reaction to the apparent leftward shift that our country is making.

Nobody can overstate the symbolic power of this presidential election, and how it has reflected the optimism for social progress. However, we progressives should always sleep with one eye open lest these bozos quietly work up their base while we revel in the victory of the moment. Let's not forget how prop 8 went here in California, and how gay rights has again re-emerged as the rallying cry in their ludicrous "culture wars."

Anyway, because I cannot help myself I'll just say that I hope Rush falls off his oxycontin wagon again. From saying that Michael J. Fox is "faking" Parkinson's to playing that "Barack the Magic Negro" song, this guy really should just start free-basing.

No comments:

Post a Comment